Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Why not join the band wagon...

I tried this blog thing once before but it wasn't very consistent. I've always had a problem with self-discipline, so I'm going to give it another shot!  Who knows...maybe I'll keep up with it this time.  Who would want to read my ramblings I'm not so sure...but it's just as much for my benefit as anyone else's.  No clue what I'm going to write about.  Probably whatever God is teaching me. So we shall start with this.  I'm being completely amazed by the call of Abraham right now.  It seems like so many classes I'm taking are talking about it and each class as a different application.  It just shows me how I don't dig into the scriptures like a should.  It's so rich in truth and can be used to teach us so much...I was listening to one of Perry Noble's sermons the other day and he reminded me of a point that I have been taught many times...so many times we want to know God's will for our lives...what is the next step?  what should i do in this situation?  We almost want a neon sign or it written on the wall.  But God's will is written in scripture.  Repeatedly the Bible says...this is what the Lord says.  To borrow what Pastor Furtick always says not what doctor phil or oprah says but what the Lord says...and you know what...if i could just get those right...if i could just follow what scripture says maybe the rest of God's will would be easier to see.  Follow the clear commands and see where that takes you...that is a big enough job!

No comments: