Monday, August 25, 2008

Putting the puzzle together...

So I don't know about everyone else but I love to watch movies or read books and figure out the ending.  I guess I love feeling like I was right.  But what I love more than figuring out the ending is being surprised by something I didn't see coming...like when Professor Umbridge had the locket in Harry Potter or when I think the husband committed the crime but it was really his mom on Law and Order.  Those are the moments that take by surprise and keep you interested.  Those are the moments you get excited about...so why can't I see that in life?  Last night I laid in bed trying to go to sleep and I couldn't.  If you know me you know that not sleeping is highly unusual for me.  My mind was trying to form around how God was going to provide for me financially or who God was going to bring along side me to be my husband or how was i going to get in shape to be a missionary.  The thing is I know you should plan...that is not the issue.  And I know that you should be faithful in the little steps...once again not the issue.  Be faithful in little and you will be faithful in much.  My trying to figure out how was not about planning or being faithful...it was trying to figure out how all of this would work...how God would provide.  After doing some more calculations and tossing and turning a little longer God spoke to my heart...He said "Stop trying to figure out the puzzle"  It hit me...I'm trying to take the fun out of the story.  I don't want to know how He will provide...what fun is that?  It won't be a miracle when I see all of bills paid and money left over to support my best friend going overseas...it won't be a miracle when the man God has prepared for me steps onto the scene and reminds me what I have been waiting for...and It won't be a miracle when I've been trying to get in shape but my little efforts are multiplied ten fold and i reach my goal early.  God won't get all the glory He deserves because I figured out the plot line.  Now i know some of ya'll are thinking He still gets the glory because He'll change the plot and that is very true, but my point is that what fun is the ride if you know all the turns to get there?  So let God write the story...He's a lot more creative than we are!!

No comments: